House Update – Joists all done

Harvey and I got the last sole plate, foundation board, and joists in place yesterday (Canterbury’s A&P Show Day).

All joists replaced

The room has a very close to finished feeling. We then started inspecting the rest of the house, to check for further work required in the near term. And there is some, but only a little. The other task we started and will continue tomorrow is clearing the rubble from under the house and lowering the dirt level so we can lay a polythene ground sheeting.

So while the room that started it all is nearing completion, there are new tasks spawned that need doing before the floor can go back down…