Curse of the Azure Bonds – build 1.1.7 released

Version 1.1.7 of Curse of the Azure Bonds is now up on the Google Code project site (just the Windows build again).

Fixed in this version:

  •  Issue 43, multi-class HP mis-calculated
  •  Issue 65, notes a few crashes, one related to SpellConfusion is now fixed
  •  Issue 66, fixed attacks (missile,spells) going through walls
  • Fixed bug the you cannot modify stats of characters, introduced in 1.1.6 refactoring

Any issues found, post them here in the comments, email me directly (simeon.pilgrim@gmail.com), or post on the issue list.

Curse of the Azure Bonds – build 1.1.6 released

Version 1.1.6 of Curse of the Azure Bonds is now up on the Google Code project site (just the Windows build again).

Fixed in this version:

  •  Issue 62 , Fixed crash in coin drop code, if you pressed return on empty input, and other fix-ups related to number input
  • Fixed issue with player name input/saving
  • Fixed crash in quick combat
  • Fixed crash with ResistCold and ResistFire spell

Any issues found, post them here in the comments, email me directly (simeon.pilgrim@gmail.com), or post on the issue list.

Playing with Node.js and jQuery

I’ve been experimenting at work. Using Node.js to make a very simple web back-end and using jQuery/javascript on the client side. For work it’s to test out idea’s for “web based product configurations” stuff.

But I’ve been re-purposing the code/lessons at night:

Asm webview

 

I’ve made those two parts as panels and you can scroll (arrow keys) up/down though the assembly lines (plan to link highlighting when there are more views) and the function details is auto populating and dynamic, and it’s ajax’ed back to the node.js server, and persisted to disk.

Small starts, but I’ve found a “framework” in which to explore some idea’s I’ve struggled how to UI for years, so am over the moon with how this is progressing.

The bonus: the resulting tooling is web based so collaboration is baked in…

 

Nikon Star Eater – Solved

A while back I posted some sample images, based on service mode on my D5100, and it was noticed that the mode we called Overscan (because it shows the dark pixels of the image) also had the Nikon Star Eater filter turned off.

I released a patch that turned overscan on for the D5100, but the black area makes the processing of the images ugly, and I never released it beyond that as it didn’t seem like a good end goal.

I have today tracked all the code paths down to find the two that turn the Star Eater filter on/off for over scan photo and/or when the exposure is longer than 1/5 second.

After some testing where I was getting confused with default exposure setting of RawDigger, I can verify it works.

NEF files, of 10 second exposures, showing it working as compared to the overscan mode and compared to orignal firmware http://simeonpilgrim.com/photos/nikon_star_eater_samples.zip

I expect this will be released to the BETA firmware patch tool sometime this weekend after more testing is done by the core team, but I would be interested in what Models astro people are keen for this on (no promises), I’ve got the D5100,D7000 done, but other models look “the same” albeit a touch different.

Next Astro features in the “to be done” list, is trying to remove the ~1.4 multipliers on the Red/Blue channels, and removing the black pixel = 0 adjustments also made.

SVN Update Conflict finder

I just discovered a feature I’d never seen before in the Tortoise SVN Client, I did a update from my work repository, knowing there were a large number of project file changes that would conflict.

Normally I would scroll through list of changes and just visually locate the red lines.

Tortise SVN Next Conflict

But lo and behold, there is a button that takes you to the next conflict, magic!