We have been having “slow” SharePoint issues at work (hosted on the over side of NZ-US WAN), and the IS guy gave me a trail URL to test with. Much better performance, but how do I show this. Camtasia to the rescue. Currently rendering the 1280×1024 video to flash, to send to the IS so he (and the Management) can see the difference.
It’s just finished, and it’s built all the .html .js and .swf files needed to be Internet-Ready™
In following my referrer log for my Curse of the Azure Bond project, I’ve found some quite interesting discussions about games re-makes. The scummVM forum had a link to the REWiki. This is a very cool idea to document file formats and the likes for old games.
This would seem like a good place to put my CotAB file format information.
Oh my god, Steve is back, and on fire. That Old Marshmallow Maze Spell is fantastic, I think I found two or three sub stories that fit me. Not sure what the whole story was now. Just that it flowed, changed and fit the whole time.
I’m still feeling shaky, story in a story, with some meta story in the story story. Not sure how, but I just feel profoundly changed.
The US military has an project called JRAC (Joint Rapid Airfield Construction) that has some of our gear as part of the solution. Recently a US colleague emailed a URL to read the blog posts of the current trial in Australia.
But the page will not load from New Zealand, so off to Google to view them in the cache, just make sure you click the cached links,
then click the cached text link, otherwise you have to wait for the picture requests to timeout..
So the bigger question is, why can’t I view the blog, and if it’s because the military want to “keep it secret” isn’t Google side stepping that via the cache? Or have the military not heard of robots.txt?
For my Queens Birthday weekend, I spent the public holiday building a wooden bookshelf for Jacob. Software developers like to compare building software to different things, like building bridges or houses, but building a bookshelf really felt like a small software project to me.
I had a customer (wife) how had a vision, “build a bookshelf” and I had a time frame “now”. I spent a few days getting the needs the bookshelf was solving, the maximum space constraints and the general aesthetics of the desired result.
Michaela went past a hardware shop to spec wood, and I designed the result to get the lengths of wood required. Which were then purchased. I then wrote a wood cutting plan, so I knew how to cut the 2.4 meter lengths to get the correct parts.
So then came build day Monday, 3 hours of mitre box cutting and jig sawing, the build could begin.
All along the way small refinements to the design were made. With the customer representative present quick decision were made.
Just in time for the children’s bedtime, the project was complete.