Moons/Planets instead of countries, quite funny to see this morning:
After a couple of weeks of hard code tracing Coderat nailed the where/how of the bit rates for Nikon DSLR movies recording are set. The sad thing is the source of the bit rates is just a simple function that had been documented for a couple of years, the completeness of it’s effect was just not understood. Sigh.
But now we have patched in higher bit rates. To that end 34mbps and 54mbps have been tested on a D5100, and I’ve tested 34mbps, 49mbps and 64mbps on my D7000.
The online patch tool now lets to install these rates, on D5100 and D7000, and only at 1080p, but I’m sure more models/modes will follow as requested.
I had no record problems with 64mbps (really 60mbps as I had no sound being recorded), using both my slow Transcend Class 10 card, or my fast SanDisk Extreme Pro, which I purchased for these very tests back in 2012.
So if you want to test or talk about this come on over to the Nikon Hacker forums.
I recently purchased the Rebecca & Fiona – Luminary Ones (Nause Remix) off iTunes Store as I really like the song, and that mix in particular. The song is a 7m 47s DJ friendly mix, thus has 2 minutes of intro and 2 minutes of outro, that are honestly boring.
So I have been day dreaming of making a new cut of the track with those minutes trimmed, so I jumped into iTunes to see the file type to work out what needs to be done to trim the song, and just for the laughs I look at the Options tab of the track, and low and behold, a ‘Start Time’ and ‘Stop Time’.
And the settings worked on my PC, so I synced my iPhone, and they work there also. Sorted!
Now I would like a fade out option, as the ending is abrupt, but there is not a nice breakdown to end on, and maybe I will trim the song externally, but 95% of my problem is solved, so most likely I won’t.
So if you have Patching related questions, feel free to ask them here or on the FAQ page.
If there are any web designers that want to make the patch tool less ugly, or simpler etc, I’m very open to less ugly. Also open to better work flow etc.
Wow, I just read the Galaga No-Fire Cheat write-up, and that is one of the coolest things I read in ages. I love the fact it’s possible via Mame to dig though the code. I love that people care enough to do it, and I love the cracking open of an old school game cheat, to solve the how/why it occurred.
hit tip to Raymond for this gem.