The game can now be completed. I finished my dungeon crawl last night, with the help of the magic God’s Intervene cheat.
Here are the changes in build 1.0.13:
- Fixed issues stopping the end-game sequence from working, so the game is now winnable
- Fixed the crash that happened when sword of Frost Brand, or Flame Brand is readied
- Fixed the way text wrapping happens, so the end game text is displayed the same as in the DOS version
- Fixed the animation picture code, so end-game animations are drawn correctly
- Fixed a small 3D view rendering problem with the far distance wall
- Cheat settings are now saved in your user profile, so you don’t have to keep turning them on each time you start the game
- Time now passes correctly when resting or searching and after combat
- Altered the Area Map to now overlay the arrow icon cleanly
- Added new cheat “Improved Area Map” that shows doors in blue, allowing for walking around a dungeon completely from the Area Map
I have been working on getting the sound sub-system ground-work done, but functioning sound is still a long way off.